2009 Notes & Updates
[13-Dec] We had a break from cold weather and pulled out a few of the firearms for some target practice with Dad. We hadn't been out shooting for a while, so it was good to knock off the rust.
[9-Dec] Ran over to Sacramento to attend the Metallica concert yesterday with friends at Arco Arena. Great time and an excellent show. Now if I could only stop the ringing in my ears...
- [26-Nov] Happy Thankgiving! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!
[25-Nov] Just caught a flyover of the International Space Station, with Shuttle Atlantis on its heels. Visit the Astronomy page for a second photo and more.
- [16-Nov] Today is the two-year anniversary of dad's car accident. He made an almost complete recovery, with his voice being the one setback from the experience. If you missed it, view the page we created to keep everyone updated during his hospital stay.
- [11-Nov] Happy Veteran's Day!
- [8-Nov] We have received so many visits, cards, flowers and phone calls from family, friends and acquaintances with thoughts and prayers for Mom. And many donations have been received by the local foundation and hospice in her name. It has been a difficult time, but the many stories and memories that people have shared about Mom have been wonderful.
[31-Oct] Happy Halloween! A day of costumed holiday diversion is probably "just what the doctor ordered". Have fun and be safe!
- [25-Oct] We've created a photo album with a variety of photos from Mom's life. Please stop by and have a look.
[20-Oct] Funeral services for Mom will be held on Monday October 26th at 11:00 AM at St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Church. Flowers are welcome. However, donations in Pat's name to one of the following local organizations would be appreciated: Phoenix Hospice of Willits, Community Foundation of Mendocino County, Sun House, or St. Mary's School.
- [16-Oct] After battling illness for nearly two years, my mother passed away peacefully this evening at home with family by her side. We are so thankful for the many thoughts and prayers and other expressions of support during this difficult time.
- [9-Oct] The first big storm of the season is expected Sunday. Lots to do to get ready, especially over at the parent's place where the creek needs to be cleared.
[2-Oct] Finally recovered from an awesome weekend with Sigma Chi Brothers in the High Sierras. There are some photos here at the site and Paul's Facebook album from the weekend. Also, there's a panorama of Donnell Lake.
- [19-Sept] The Lions Club held its annual pancake breakfast on Saturday during the Early Iron Car Show. Visit my Lions page or head over the the Ukiah Lions website for more.
[17-Sept] The recent warm, clear mornings have been good for astronomy. Visit the page for a few recent photos, like the dawn crescent moon on the left.
- [11-Sept] I remember.
- [4-Sept] Happy Labor Day Weekend! Lots going on, so we're very busy. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday.
- [31-Aug] Trish's mother Dee passed away on Saturday after nearly 30 years as a kidney transplant survivor. She fought through many difficult times but managed a family, saw her daughters grow and even met her grandchildren. She will be sorely missed.
[10-Aug] The Ukiah Host Lions Club is swinging into the busy fall season. The Club hosted a BBQ in early August for the Babe Ruth Regional Tournament held here in Ukiah. The next week was our annual "Stag Feed" to thank our members. And our concessions season is just around the corner. If you're a local resident, stop by one of the youth football games and support our local athletes!
- [31-July] Trish and I took a trip to Southern California last week to enjoy some baseball and continue our tour of Major League Ballparks. We caught games in San Diego, Anaheim and Los Angeles. But it wasn't all baseball. We took a side-trip through Hollywood and spent a day at Disneyland, too.
- [27-June] Subway hurt his tail and had to visit the vet. We removed the drain yesterday and he is healing well. Other than that we're spending most all of our free time over at the currently vacant rental, getting it back up to standard for the next folks. Hopefully we'll have it occupied soon.
- [21-June] All of the background changes to the site are done for now. It was a bit rough around the edges, but everything should be OK at this point. If you have trouble with any aspect of the site, please let me know.
- [22-May] Happy Memorial Day everyone. On a personal note, I am so very thankful to be a citizen in this country. On this weekend we think of those who have given their lives in service to our nation, along with all Veterans and active Servicemen.
- [18-May] The recent rains have the yard going crazy with zucchini already producing, artichokes in harvest, roses flowering, and the fig and cherry loaded with fruit. I'm taking some vacation time to tend to everything, but I'll find time to unwind and relax, too. How about a round of disc golf at Anderson Valley Brewing Company? Hmmm...
- [20-Apr] We took a break from yard work to head to Windsor to visit with Trish's parents on Saturday. When we returned home there was time to do some backyard astronomy. We found Saturn immediately, along with 3 moons. It was the first time Trish has been able to find anything in the eyepiece, so it was a lot of fun.
- [12-Apr] No News is good news? Well, maybe. But in this case there are no new postings because we've shifted the focus of the site. Instead of posting information as "News", there are pages for the activities and hobbies we enjoy. As a new item is posted on the main page, the bottom item rotates to this page. Meanwhile, relevant content will be added to the appropriate page.
Notes & Updates from 2010 | Notes & Updates from 2008