A number of visitors have asked about the little phrases in the upper right of the Main page. We call them "Blurbs" (even though the use of the word is not correct in the strict sense) and there are currently 29 of them. Here's the list, by category. The point of the blurbs is to send a subtle message that none of this is to be taken very seriously.
- "Skating On Hot Water"
- "Teaching The Minds' Eye To Play By Ear"
- "Burning That Bridge When We Get To It"
- "Not Exactly Rocket Surgery"
- "Robbing Peter To Pay The Piper"
- "The Pot Calling The Kettle's Bluff"
- "I Would Not Trust Him With A Ten Foot Pole"
- "Something Looks Fishy Around Here"
- "Finally Getting That Black Cat Off My Back"
- "See? You CAN Get Nothing For Free!"
- "Brains Like A Big 'Ol Dinosaur"
- "Like A Banshee Out Of Hell"
- "Behind The Curve Ball"
- "Not As Good As A GI Joe With The Kung-Fu Grip"
- "Enough Chi To Make Your Feng Shui Spontaneously Combust"
- "Please Switch Off All Electronics Before Departure"
- "I Know You Are But So Am I ...Hey wait a minute..."
- "Don't Get Any On You!"
- "Holding My Breath To Lower My Carbon Footprint"
- "It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"
- "Crushing In Like A Giant Black Hole Of Stupidity"
- "So Stupid It's Nearly Illegal In 37 States"
- "Health Warning: Stupidity Sufficient To Induce Coma"
- "Our Culture Holds No Laws For Stupidity Of This Magnitude"
- "Terrible March Bard Riot"
- "The Mild Barbaric Terror"
- "Rare Dirt Bomber Hit Carl"
- "Horrible Amber Dirt Cart"
- "Hermit Crab Border Trail"
- "I Don't Have What It Takes To Make Pizzas"